Every effective business leader like you sometimes spends sleepless office hours trying to understand if the company’s marketing does work. Check the points where you just may obtain success out of mere inactivity!
Every effective business leader like you sometimes spends sleepless office hours (unlike many other employees) trying to understand if the company’s marketing (or the Marketing Dpt) does work - and figure out the formula of effective marketing communication.
The thing is that it’s easy to get lost among countless “dos” that are generously poured everywhere by numerous marketing professionals all around the business world. Do this and do that, they persist, in the end driving you mad with their numerous advices, all to be combined in your business’s integrated communications strategy.
But if we come closer to the matter it will show that making your company's marketing effective doesn’t require such an excessive effort. This is the point where you just may obtain success out of mere inactivity.
So your priceless energy can be saved by the following nonperformance:
- don’t expect your marketing do your sales department’s work. And don’t forget: if you don’t sell profitably without marketing communication, you won’t sell profitably with it,
- don’t spend time reading books on marketing communication. Most of them contain generalized data, ill-suited for specific practice. Go and associate with your customers instead and you will better find out what they await from you,
- don’t make marketing an isolated function in your company. Its goals and instruments should be transparent to any employee of yours, as it’s the driver of the whole company,
- don’t let outsourced experts tell you “I know what marketing strategy you need”. You should know it yourself first of all, from your customers. Otherwise you may go back home and continue watching TV,
- don’t set alien goals to your marketers. If they are to sell more than to promote, you’ll probably have less sales with less promotion,
- don’t expect your marketing develop itself. Every marketer needs pressure and goals on the one hand and rejoices with a commander’s attention on the other,
- don’t set goals for marketing not supported with mandate and resources. It’s like taking a taxi without money.
And a couple of single DOs:
- DO hire proven professionals, whenever in house staff or outsourced agency,
- DO trust to the professionals you have hired.
How to understand in your marketers are true professionals and do the work for you well? We will be back to this point in our further posts – subscribe to our blog updates & follow us on LinkedIn!